Busiest Weekend Ever!

This weekend was jam-packed full of fun, but somehow relaxing at the same time.
Friday, our town had a May Fete celebration and I knew Cora would love it.  Me, my mom, and the girls went Friday afternoon and hung out for a little.  We did rides, games, face painting, ate a late lunch, and had some treats. My dad also joined us for a little bit.  Cora was so funny to watch on the rides.  She has such a serious face whenever she was on a ride, but she kept asking to go on different rides.  We were about ready to go and it started to rain... so it was perfect timing.  I went home and hung out with the girls and Ben for a little bit before he headed to work.

Cora and I waited until the rain died down and then we headed back to May Fete to make sure we got our money's worth for the ride bracelets. We hung out with one of Cora's schoolmates and her family. They rode rides, had some ice cream, and had a blast running around with each other.

Our friends headed home and Cora went and rode the mini ferris wheel and car ride over and over and over. There were a couple other kids that were riding the same ride multiple times so it was cute watching them run around riding the rides.  Ida was loving all of the lights on the rides and she was pretty content just looking around. 

My cousin met up with us and rode the merry-go-round a couple times.  A bunch of her friends joined them and it was the cutest thing watching all these middle schoolers being so nice to a little 4 year old.  Cora had the best time riding with a group of the big kids.

My cousin went off to ride more rides and Cora and I rode a couple more times before we headed home.  We both had the best time at May Fete and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Saturday morning we had Cora's birthday brunch.  We spent the rest of the day hanging out and relaxing.  I dropped Cora off at my parent's house.  Ben and I just spent the rest of the evening chowing down on Chinese, catching up on our shows, and playing with Ida.

Sunday I went to pick up Cora and had lunch at my parents.  Cora, Ida, and I headed to the art fair. We went around to all of the booths and looked at the art people were selling. I had a little talk with Cora before we went to the booths and I let her know that if she likes something she should compliment the artist, but if she doesn't like it she just needs to keep on walking.  She did a great job of giving compliments on the things she loves and even started giving out compliments to everyone that was walking by when she liked their outfits.  They had some great artists and I saw some pieces that I loved, but didn't buy anything.  

Some of my favorite artists/booths/pieces:

I loved these little stuffed animals and pillows from The Happy Groundhog.  They are so cute and the artist was really nice. Cora was loving everything in this booth.  I loved the sloth and the stuffed animals that had pockets on their front so they could switch out accessories like donuts.
These wood inlay pieces from Hudson River Inlay were amazing.  They were so detailed and beautiful.
I don't have any of my own pictures for this artist, but I love the ink paintings from Sheila Sweeney... so stunning!  I seriously had to stand there and look at them for a while.  It was a little above my price range, but I would have loved to purchase it.  Adding her stuff to my wish list to buy someday. I also really like this one and this one.

We enjoyed some of the free kids activities.  Cora made a necklace, painted a shirt, got her face painted, and made little clay creatures. I loved this interactive part of it and it was all free except the shirt which was $5.  Cora's shirt was looking pretty cute, then she painted it with brown over top of everything.  When she handed it to the lady to hang up, she said "I made a potato!"

After the art fair, my dad brought by Cora's new bike. She took it for a spin for about 5 seconds before she fell. She barely scraped her knee, but spent the rest of the day walking around with a cane and acting like her leg was broken.

While Cora was stuck upstairs with a 'broken' leg, Ida and I went outside to plant some seeds in the vegetable garden. She loved watching me work in the yard and 'chatted' with me. I got a bunch of bug bites, but it was a great end to a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have a golden day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...